by Tina LeBaron, Kitchen Store Specialist
Homemade Sriracha Chile Lime Tortilla Chips
14 Corn Tortillas
1 Tblsp Sriracha Seasoning
2 tsp Sea Salt
Canola Oil (or any high heat cooking oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a cookie sheet, line as many tortillas on a single layer as possible, saving those that don’t fit for the next batch, preferably with a wire rack set on top of the sheet for extra even heating.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Prepare a large fry pan with a half an inch of canola oil and heat slowly over medium heat.
- Zest the limes into a small bowl, and then add the Siracha Seasoning and sea salt. Adjust to taste keeping in mind the heat level will be slightly taken down once on the tortilla chip.
- Next, stack the baked tortillas and cut into triangles.
- Once the oil is at about 350 degrees, place tortilla triangle in a single layer. Flip the chips after about 30 seconds or until golden brown. Be sure to lower the temperature if the oil begins to smoke.
- Remove chips once both sides are golden brown, and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Sprinkle with prepared seasoning and enjoy plain or with your favorite dip or salsa. Crunch!
2 – 8oz pkgs Cream Cheese
½ cup Sour Cream
1 cup Romano Cheese (or any cheese on hand)
1 – 10 oz jar Artichoke Hearts
1 – 12 oz pkg Frozen Spinach
1 tsp Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub jalapenos with 1 tsp of oil. Tongs in hand, roast jalapenos right over the flames if you’re experience, or on a mid-high heat grill pan.
- Turn peppers occasionally making sure all sides are done evenly until charred and softened.
- Remove from heat and on chopping board, carefully remove stems. Next, slice in half; remove seeds and membranes to lessen the heat of the pepper.
- Dice into small pieces. Wash hands immediately after handling hot peppers.
- Defrost frozen spinach in microwave and set aside.
- Soften cream cheese slightly in microwave, about 20 seconds.
- Then in a medium bowl, mix cream cheese with sour cream until incorporated. Add grated Romano cheese, mix. Next, add drained artichokes, spinach, and diced jalapenos. Mix.
- Spread mixture into a small baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite chips, crackers, or bread!