by Cheryl Shaffer, Kitchen Store Specialist
Chocolate Sriracha Candied Bacon Lollipops
2 # bacon, thick sliced
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 Tbs. J&D’s Sriracha Rub Seasoning Blend
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Arrange bacon in a single layer on a metal cooling rack that has been set over a cookie
sheet pan, with sides. (you don’t want the bacon drippings to mess up your oven). Bacon
strips may touch, but should not overlap.
3. Spread the sugar / spice mixture over the bacon, to coat the tops of each strip. Use the
back of a spoon to smear it into the bacon.
4. Bake in the oven until bacon is fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Check often as oven temps
may vary and bacon thickness may cook faster or slower.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
6. Bacon may be enjoyed as is, or to make it extra special:
7. Cut each slice in half, and dip 1/2 of the cut slice into the following chocolate glaze, then
sprinkle with a little flaked sea salt, place on parchment paper and freeze about 10 minutes,
to set the chocolate.
6 oz Challabaut Dk Chocolate Morsels
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is
smooth. You may need to add 15 seconds of heating time. Be careful, over-heating the
chocolate can cause it to seize.